This is an archive page !!!


picture
(c) 1997 Mihai Moiceanu - AFIAP

The Council House
The building is mentioned for the first time in a historical document in 1420. The monument is extended with the upper floor and the loggia during the XVIth - XVIIIth century. The tower 48m tall, with a surveillance function, is included during the XVIIth century. The building has elements from Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque styles. It had been for several centuries, Brasov's administrative and judiciary headquarters - the Council House. Nowadays it houses the Brasov Museum of History.

Casa Sfatului
Cladirea este mentionata documentar pentru prima data in anul 1420. Cu timpul monumentul se extinde, adaugadu-se etajul (sec.XVI) si loggia (sec.XVIII). Turnul inalt de 48m, cu rol de punct de observatie, este inclus in cladire in sec. XVII. Arhitectural, cladirea prezinta trasaturi ale stilurilor gotic, renastere si baroc. A fost timp de mai multe secole sediul adiministrativ si judecatoresc al orasului. In prezent adaposteste Muzeul de Istorie.

A Tour through the Old Town of Brasov / Turul Brasovului vechi

home