(c) 1997 Mihai Moiceanu - AFIAP
The Council House Square
It is the central part of Brasov Fortress, mentioned by documents as a 'forum' in 1520 or as a
'ring' in 1617. It had been for hundred of years the centre of the walled town. It was the
place for market and shops frequently visited by artisans and merchants from the three Romanian
Countries. The Square is surrounded on four sides by houses built in Renaissance, provincial
and neo-classic style, with beautiful archways, which housed shops, warehouses and stores.
Parte centrala a Cetatii Brasov, atestata documentar sub numele de 'forum' in 1520 sau 'ring'
in 1617. A fost sute de ani centrul orasului-cetate. Aici aveau loc targuri pentru negustori
din cele trei tari romanesti. Piata este inconjurata pe patru laturi de case construite in
stil renascentist, baroc provincial si neoclasic, adapostind magazine si depozite de marfuri.