Through the Looking Glass: Translating Your Business Into a Web Success by "Paying" Your CustomersTips for Online Success by "Publishing" Your Company
- Publishing isn't only for "publishers"
- Supplement, don't substitute your terrestrial business with the Web
- Publishing online is a process, not a product
- retrofitting static files is boring
- Essential paradox: make money by giving it away for free
- Web publishing proves an exceptional marketing tool for printed books
- 250,000 copies in print and on disk in multiple languages
- The Living Site is kinetic, highly targeted, and responsive to users
- database catalog
- interactive reference library
- mass customization of information
- Catching the recorded reader -- the fish in your Net!
LOOKING GLASS | OBS-US | OBS-EUROPA | W3
Copyright © 1996 by Laura Fillmore and Chris Schmidt;
written permission required to reprint.