Welcome! You are viewing an archival page at archives.obs-us.com.
Archival pages at OBS appear in the format in which they first were posted. They remain online at OBS for scholarly purposes only; proper attribution required if you link to these archives.
Through the Looking Glass: Translating Your Business Into a Web Success by "Paying" Your CustomersWho We Are: Open Book Systems (OBS)
- Provider of publishing services to companies since 1982
- produced hundreds of books
- hundreds of publishing specialists in various disciplines
- a virtual publishing company
- Produced the first trade book about the Internet in 1992
- Launched the first full-text Online BookStore (OBS) on the Net in 1992
- Privately held company
- Name of company has evolved in response to its use of technology
- "Editorial Inc." (paper- and disk-based) 1982-1992
- "Online BookStore" (sells copies of books and files on the Internet; introduces full-text "distributive" publishing) 1992-1995
- "Open Book Systems" (OBS enables customized access to ideas and information for marketing and publishing) 1995-1996
- OBS and EUnet bring German/English Internet version of Stephen King to Frankfurt Book Fair in 1993
- OBS-Europa, founded 1995, is a collaboration between EUnet and OBS, offering multilanguage publishing and marketing services for the European audience
LOOKING GLASS | OBS-US | OBS-EUROPA | W3
Copyright © 1996 by Laura Fillmore and Chris Schmidt;
written permission required to reprint.