EMOTIONS -- POETRY & GUNS
Nobody: "That weapon will replace your tongue. You will learn to speak through it and your poetry will now be written with blood." (in contrast, see the "Living Poetry" area of The Postman (Il Postino)) (Audio Clip WAV 137 KB)
POETRY AND PAINTINGS
- "Nebuchadnezzar" painting by William Blake
- "The Lazar House" painting by William Blake
- "Blake's cottage at Felpham" illustration from Milton "Pity thou my shadow of delight..."
- Paintings by Blake at WebMuseum
- The William Blake Page maintained by Richard Record and Gail Gastfield
- William Blake -- Poet and Engraver
Marshall: "Are you William Blake?" Blake: "Yes I am. Do you know my poetry?" [Blake shoots and kills him.] (Audio Clip WAV 145 KB)
- Selected Poetry by William Blake from University of Toronto Representative Poetry project
Nobody: "Every night and every morn
Some to misery are born.
Every morn and every night
Some are born to sweet delight.
Some are born to sweet delight,
Some are born to endless night."
Blake: "I really don't understand." Nobody: "But I understand William Blake. You were a poet and a painter, and now you are a killer of white men." (see "Auguries of Innocence" William Blake, 1863) (Audio Clip WAV 310 KB) (Audio Clip WAV 183 KB)
- William Blake's Proverbs of Hell: Tony Kirman's version of one of Blake's early poems
- "Drive your cart and plow over the bones of the dead."
- "Expect poison from the standing water."
- "To create a little flower is the labour of ages."
[Blake finds a revolver underneath Thel's pillow] Blake: "Why do you have this?" Thel: "Because this is America!"
- ATF (Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms)
- NRA (National Rifle Association)
- Software For Shooters, Hunters & Reloaders
- NFA and other gun law related info and cases
Nobody: "I see you've collected some more Whiteman's Metal." Blake: "I seem to be a magnet for it."
DEAD MAN | MAIL LIST | GOODS FOR SALE | MOVIE MENU | MIRAMAX | OBS