This is an archive page !!!
The Mayors' Wager
Seattle Mayor Norm Rice will have to pay up. In a friendly wager with Chicago Mayor Richard M. Daley, Rice bet on his hometown team, the Supersonics, and went down to defeat along with them. Mayor Rice put quantities of several Washington state products on the line -- enough to keep Mayor Daley and his compatriots sated for some time to come.
Following is a list of what Mayor Daley will receive:
What Did "da Mayor" Put Up?
For his part, Mayor Daley bet the following products:
- 10 to 15 each of Best's kosher, Vienna beef, and Fluky's hot dogs
- Pizza for 10 from each of Bacino's and Pizzeria Uno
- More pizzas from Giordano's, Connie's, and Gino's East
- A selection of pasta and sauces from Kraft di Giorno (There seems to be a theme here...)
- A supply of "Ketchapeno" from the Hubbard Street Grill
- A case of Mazzone's Italian ice
- A sampler from La Preferida Mexican Food (Finally, a change of cuisine)
- An order of Robinsons #1 Ribs for 15
- 10 Buona beef sandwiches
- 20 cheeseburgers from the Billy Goat Grill (We didn't ask...)
- Eli's cheesecake for 20
- An unspecified number of cinnamon rolls from Ann Sather
- A fruit basket from Dominic's Finer Food
Too bad the mayors don't both have to pay. It would be interesting to compare their waistlines at the end of the feasting.
Food, Glorious Food
If this makes you hungry for some novel food ideas, check out the Food and Dining section of the McKinley Internet Yellow Pages or, the McKinley Magellan Internet Guide.
Posted June, 1996.
© Copyright 1996 OBS