This is an archive page !!!
Come Travel the Online Route to Customers and Clients
with Plume Books and Marcia Yudkin
Plume Books is thrilled to be making our electronic publishing debut with MARKETING ONLINE: Low Cost, High Yield Strategies for Small Businesses and Professionals by Marcia Yudkin. There doesn't seem to be a better way of introducing this book than to let you experience it and immediately practice the art of schmoozing online for business. The book is now available in bookstores, and here online you have the opportunity to share tips and comments with entrepreneurs, professionals -- and potential customers and clients -- from around the world. Click on to learn how to build your business online without spending a fortune or inviting trouble on the electronic frontier.
-- Peter Schneider, Director of Marketing, Dutton and Plume Books
The Production Schedule for the Paper Publication
- December 13, 1994 -- a lunch meeting with Marcia, her editor, and agent results in the idea for a book on marketing online.
- December 22 -- Marcia submits a brief book proposal to her editor
- December 27 -- Marcia's editor discusses the idea at weekly editorial meeting
- January 6, 1995-- A contract for the book (titled Marketing Online) is offered; book is scheduled for October 1995 publication
- January 7 --Marcia starts writing
- April 15 -- Marketing Online is presented to sales force at Penguin sales conference Plume catalogs listing Marketing Online are available
- April 24 --Sales force starts selling Marketing Online to their accounts
- May 15 -- Marcia delivers complete manuscript to her editor
- May 17 -- Edited manuscript goes to copyeditor
- June 1 -- Marketing Online is launched via Online Bookstore at the American Booksellers Association convention in Chicago
- June 6 -- Copyedited manuscript returned to Marcia for review; manuscript given to book designer
- June 14 -- Copyedited manuscript goes to typesetter
- June 30 -- Page proofs to author and proofreader for review
- July 5 --Corrected page proofs returned to publisher
- July 8 -- Corrected page proofs to typesetter
- July 15 --Bound galleys sent out by publicity department to magazines and newspapers for review; also sent out by editor and author for blurbs from other professionals and authors
- July 22 -- second pass page proofs from typesetter to publisher
- September 15-- finished book arrives at publisher
- September 29 -- books start shipping to bookstores
- October 13 -- publication date
- October 1995 (ongoing) -- author publicity, including virtual booksigning with Marcia at Frankfurt Book Fair
Copyright © 1995 Penguin USA. All rights reserved.
If you have any comments or suggestions, please e-mail them to email@example.com