Welcome! You are viewing an archival page at archives.obs-us.com.
Archival pages at OBS appear in the format in which they first were posted. They remain online at OBS for scholarly purposes only; proper attribution required if you link to these archives.
Open Book Systems (OBS)
The Internet is more than a new platform for marketing existing print product. It is a new medium for developing, providing, and licensing custom access to content. OBS welcomes the publishing challenge of the 90s: Building successful Internet sites as we develop and protect tomorrow's content.
Back in 1992, OBS pioneered Internet publishing. Today, we build custom web sites for publishers worldwide, enabling our clients to leverage their existing marketing, editorial, and production resources to reach the extensive new online audience. Thanks to OBS's custom-tailored software, each publisher can update and monitor his own site -- from the desktop.
OBS CUSTOM PUBLISHING TOOLS
- Online manuscript submission, creates a global "author magnet" for your company.
- From concept through implementation, OBS developed Miramax Films' Internet version of the Academy Award winning film, Il Postino (The Postman).
- Working with OBS, publishers update and revise their own sites.
- Publications are brought to life through online quizzes and tests.
- U-Drive Web tracking tools offer valuable marketing information.
- You can sell your products online through a custom catalog
- OBS offers global distribution through mirror servers.
- Converting books into databases can greatly increase your readership.
Vision and creativity make OBS sites unique. We work with each publisher to address their content and marketing needs. With a multilingual background, OBS opens the doors to the global audience, giving our clients a competitive advantage. OBS puts the control of each publisher's site right where it belongs - in the publishers' own hands.
Selected publisher client list:
Bolt Beranek and Newman
EUnet Deutschland GmbH
Farrar, Straus and Giroux
Frankfurt Book Fair
Gordon and Breach
Holt Rinehart and Winston
The Internet Society
John Wiley & Sons
Library of Congress
Little, Brown and Company
Macmillan Computer Publishing USA
New York University
O'Reilly and Associates
Performance Systems International (PSI)
Simon & Schuster